(FM broadcast FLAC)
Foreigner
1977-09-17
Capitol Theater, Passaic, NJ
Lineage:
FM > ? > LP ->Sound Forge 6.0 ->Click and Crackle Removal ->FLAC via FLAC frontend, level 6. sectors aligned and verified.
01 - Long Long Way From Home
02 - I Need You
03 - Woman Oh Woman
04 - Cold As Ice
05 - The Damage Is Done
06 - Star Rider
07 - Feels Like The First Time
08 - I'm A Fool For You Anywa
09 - Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed?
Runtime about 48 minutes
Sound Quality: VG-VG+ FM with some variances either way
Mega-rare restored and rejoined vinyl Foreigner "First Time Around" Debut Concert New Jersey 1977-09-17 FM - includes an eleven-minute "Star Rider"! This is the first of a twofer of early Foreigner music, where the bad boys take time out to go psychedelic. This stuff rocks!
I had no idea this TAKRL-style LP is currently being offered for over $100USD. I say TAKRL-style as the pressing itself isn't of the quality of a true TAKRL release. The matrix numbers and handwriting in the trail-off are different, and the vinyl "hub" is of a different shape. The rear cover has the BS line that the show is from Boston. Kind of hard to believe when the band themselves say they are in New Jersey and that this is their debut show.
Although there are many fansites for Foreigner (many are closed, too), not much else was found about this show, other than to confirm that this was their first show. I could not locate the exact date, nor could I find the venue. If you have that information or other corrections, please share it.
There's some small amount of hum in places. The decision was made to leave it in place this time around as removal seriously affected the sound quality.

Nessun commento:
Posta un commento