lunedì 26 febbraio 2024

Free - 1971-02-26 - Sheffield, UK (AUD/FLAC)


(Audience FLAC)

Free
City Hall,
Sheffield, England
02/26/71

Paul Rodgers-vox
Andy Fraser-Bass, piano
Paul Kossoff-guitar
Simon Kirke-drums

Source- re-seed of good audience recording on unknown equipment> TLH for Torrent creation

01 - The Stealer
02 - Ride On A Pony
03 - Be My Friend
04 - I'm A Mover
05 - Don't Say You Love Me
06 - Heavy Load
07 - The Highway Song
08 - My Brother Jake
09 - Soon I Will Be Gone
10 - All Right Now
11 - Mr. Big

Being put up again now in March, 2015 to mark the passing of the great Andy Fraser, a big inspiration to me as a then budding bassist during Free's heyday. I chose this show because it's a bit different from the Santa Monica show from about a month earlier. This show heavily leans on the Highway album, which remains my alltime favorite Free release. This show also includes the great Heavy Load from Fire and Water, and both My Brother Jake and Soon I Will be Gone, which were the 2 studio tracks that made it on to the Free Live album in the US. A few of these tracks feature Andy on piano, which he seemed to be getting more interested in at this point, even though he was such an outstanding bassist for that pre-Jaco and Stanley bass world.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento