venerdì 3 novembre 2023

The Who - 1975-11-03 - Stuttgart, DE (AUD/FLAC)




(Audience FLAC)

TITLE: War On All Fronts!
VENUE: Messehalle Sindelfingen
QUALITY: B+

LINEAGE:
AUD MASTER TAPE>CDwave>WAVE>FlacFrontend Level 8>WAV>Cool Edit Pro v2.1>FLAC 8

DISC 1
01. Substitute (cut, comes in distorted)
02. I Can¥t Explain
03. Squeeze Box
04. Baba O¥Riley
05. Behind Blue Eyes
06. Dreaming From The Waist
07. Boris The Spider
08. Amazing Journey / Sparks
09. Acid Queen
10. Fiddle About
11. Pinball Wizard / I¥m Free
12. Tommy¥s Holiday Camp (half is missing)

TIME: 47:10

DISC 2
01. We¥re Not Gonna Take It
02. Summertime Blues
03. Bargain
04. My Generation / Naked Eye /Join Together
05. Won¥t Get Fooled Again
06. 5:15
TIME: 46:09

TOTAL RUNTIME: 1:33.20

TRANSFER/EDITING NOTES:
This is a great show that I thought I'd take the time to update a little bit. Firstly, this recording came from a wonderful audience source which I am eternally grateful for. After making the correct adjustments I'd have to say that this show ranks right up there with Toronto '75 for me in terms of performance, sound quality and straight out enjoyability. The sound quality of Toronto '75 is a bit better than this one but this still makes for one hell of a show. On to the fixes. To begin, the recording was too fast, making the band sound like chipmunks, especially Roger. Therefore, I dropped the pitch about half a semitone. Next comes the EQ'ing. For this I worked on each channel seperately as they both had different audio information. The right channel is significantly clearer and crisper throughout the whole recording. Therefore I attempted to boost the high end of the left channel as much as possible without loosing the much needed bottom end this audience recording possesses. I also cleaned up the right channel, removing some frequencies that were distorting the signal. After this I mixed the two channels together, leaving the right channel as is, and adding about 50% of the right channel to the left, while dropping the level of the left channel a bit. The right channel was originally louder than the left validating this channel mix. I left in a good amount of the original left channel to keep the "oomph" that is present from mostly Keith's bass drum, Enwistle's bass and the audience noise itself. This is virtually everything I did to try and improve the sound quality of this great show. I hope you enjoy it and look out for other remastered releases I've done available on the DIME community website.

2 commenti:

  1. many thanks for sharing, much appreciated.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Unless you were there, forget it! You can barely hear the band and they're loud. Not recommended. Peter. (Sydney).

    RispondiElimina