lunedì 15 aprile 2024

Billy Joel - 1972-04-15 - Philadelphia, PA (SBD/FLAC)


(Soundboard FLAC)

Billy Joel
April 15,1972
Sigma Sound Studios
Philadelphia, PA_USA

lineage
SBD > PreFM MR > DAT > CDR > EAC > SHN > WAV Editing in Soundforge > FLAC

01. Jackson Browne WMMR Intro
02. Falling of the Rain
03. Travelin' Prayer
04. The Ballad Of Billy The Kid
05. She's Got A Way
06. Everybody Loves You Now
07. Nocturne
08. Turn Around
09. Long Long Time
10. Captain Jack
11. Josephine
12. Rosalinda
13. Tomorrow is Today

I pretty much beefed up the sound as much as possible. The band is amazing, and I wanted to bring back the sparkle to the guitar, the bite of the drum and the balls to the bass playing.

As for the hiss, it's pretty much the same as the Pre-FM, I could have removed some of it, but I found it detracted from the visceral impact of the instruments...so I left it intact. The band is rocking enough to punch through it!

I also added a bit of chatter to the end of "Captain Jack" which wasn't present on this pre-FM, it's the line Billy says about not being able to get the song played on radio...I think it fit in pretty seamlessly at the end. I got that snippet from an earlier "remaster" I did on this show from a lesser quality source.

2 commenti: