sabato 5 maggio 2012

Tom Petty - 2012-04-29 - Alpharetta, GA (AUD/FLAC)

Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - Alpharetta, GA

Audience recording - section 103 row R, DFC

Lineage:
Sony PCM-M10 Linear PCM Recorder (internal mics, auto levels, high-sensitivity mic setting) > cdwav (saved FLAC 6) > DIME > you

01. Listen To Her Heart
02. You Wreck Me
03. I Won't Back Down
04. Here Comes My Girl
05. Handle With Care
06. Takin' My Time
07. I'm A Man
08. Something Big
09. Cabin Down Below
10. band intros
11. Free Fallin'
12. Spike
13. Travelin' Light
14. To Find A Friend
15. Learning To Fly
16. Yer So Bad
17. I Should Have Known It
18. Good Enough
19. Refugee
20. Runnin' Down A Dream
21. crowd
22. Mary Jane's Last Dance
23. American Girl

Notes by the taper
Anyway, on to the show...this evening was a really sweet concert experience for me. A big thank you to my friend since 8th grade, David S, who scored us nice seats a few rows behind the board, DFC. It was an absolutely beautiful night in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, and Tom and the boys served up yet another generous serving of their soul-satisfying musical stew... a well-paced, enthusiastic, and engaging set of their time-tested, All-America rock & roll anthems, with some adventurous jams thrown in to keep things fresh and interesting. After all the years and miles on the road, the band seemed to really enjoy stretching things out on songs like Something Big, Travelin' Light and the Mojo songs..

Regarding this recording, it sounds pretty decent to me... I was under a metal roof which seems to boost the low end a little more than the high end.. perhaps it's just that I'm too damn lazy and cheap to upgrade to external mics because I just want to enjoy the show and attempt to capture the best recording I can without a lot of effort (and expense). I've posted some samples so you can decide whether the show is worth your time. I will say that the crowd around me was fairly well behaved; however, it still mystifies me as to how inconsiderate some people can be when the band starts playing a tune they don't instantly recognize and this somehow gives them license to start chatting away to their friends in a way-too-loud voice. Come on folks, show some consideration please !

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento