lunedì 4 dicembre 2023

The Who - 1973-12-04 - Philadelphia, PA (SBD/FLAC)


(Soundboard FLAC)

The Who Philadelphia Spectrum 4th December, 1973 

Lineage
Soundboard> CDR> EAC> TLH Flac level6

Pete Townsend-guitar, vocals
Roger Daltrey-vocals
John Entwistle-Bass, vocals
Keith Moon-drums

CD1
01 - I can't explain
02 - summertime blues
03 - my wife
04 - my generation
05 - i am the sea
06 - the real me
07 - the punk and the godfather
08 - i'm one
09 - 5:15
10 - sea and sand
11 - drowned

CD2
01 - bell boy
02 - doctor jimmy
03 - pinball wizard
04 - see me feel me
05 - naked eye

Here is the Famous "Tales From The Who" show that has been around and incomplete for years. This seems to be the whole unedited show with The Punk and the Godfather,5:15, My Wife 
and a great version of Naked Eye. In between song banter with refrences to "Philly" and cursing areintact. "Won't Get Fooled Again" has been left off because it is on "Best of the Best:25 Years of Rock" a King Bisquit compilation CD. 

I also found a site that had pics of the 16 track tape boxes that these shows were allegedly sourced from. What I am uploading here is from the 3 disc CD-R set. 

I have owned various versions of this show on vinyl, silver CD and downloads.This is the most complete version I have ever heard. This is from a different source as the mix is different
The drums seem to be more upfront and the vocals aren't as echoey. This was recorded for The King Bisquit Flower Hour radio broadcast, and when they got their hands on it they definately
mixed/added crowd noise and a bit of echo.They are notorious for that. Makes it easier to trim performances to fit in an hour.

I am assuming this is how it sounded before KBFH got it. I am not positive. Last time this show was posted by "Freezer" it led to a nasty argument about the source tape, was it mixed in Quad, etc. Personally, i'm not too concerned with those details and hope i've answered any questions about this recording you may have.I hope I don't add to the confusion. If an argument should break out, try to keep it down, I am listening to The WHO!!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento