martedì 21 febbraio 2023

Albert Collins - 1992-05-01 - Pittsburgh, PA (SBD/FLAC)

(Soundboard FLAC)

Albert Collins and The Icebreakers
Graffiti
Pittsburgh, PA
1992-05-01
May 1, 1992 (22 years ago yesterday)
Rest In Peace, Albert...
Soundboard recording
ex- to ex SQ IMHO

01 - Watermelon Man
02 - Instrumental
03 - Black Cat Bone
04 - Too Many Dirty Dishes
05 - Put The Shoe On The Other Foot
06 - I Ain't Drunk
07 - stage banter
08 - If You Love Me Like You Say
09 - The Things That I Used To Do
10 - Same Old Thing
11 - encore break
12 - Master Charge
13 - Instrumental outro

See original info file for recording lineage.

CD one: 5 tracks, 43:58
CD two: 8 tracks, 45:39
TT: 89:37
Sound Quality - ex- to ex, 9-9.5/10 IMHO as always.

Since I did NOT attend this show and therefore obviously did not record this, this will be very short & sweet. I got this from a concert trading site several years ago and it may have been Dime but I don't remember. I was going to up this several days ago in honor of the Albert Collins flood on Dime recently until I opened it up to double check it. The recording levels were widely varying to say the least, there was one song in two parts and there were several other files that IMHO should have been fused together. I deleted NO music but DID adjust the volume levels using Cakewalk Pyro 2005, fused the 2-part song into one part (6) and joined the other pieces together. I DO have a higher (> 5th) generation cassette tape of this show that I got at a record show many years ago but this recording sounds far superior ; my tape however has the unsplit version of 6, I Ain't Drunk, I'm Just Drinkin'. I debated about whether to include that version as an alternate but decided against it due to SQ. There's not that much extra material on my version and the steady whoosh sound (not wow or flutter or hiss) is unpleasant to hear. I could up my version but BMWITYou, it's NOT easy on the ears !! That's about all that I have to say so enjoy the show and listen to as much AC as you can. Look for an uncirculated AC show from Graffiti in the near future...you gonna love it ! Well, let's get this gem on the golden road to spiritual enlightenment but first, a few words from our sponsors...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento