mercoledì 14 giugno 2023

Cyndi Lauper -1984-05-02 - Boston, MA (FM/FLAC)

(FM broadcast FLAC)

Cyndi Lauper
the Metro
Boston, Mass.
May 2, 1984

(originally was supposed to be on April 12th)
Kiss-108 (WXKS 108 FM radio) birthday party concert
also included Berlin, Paul Young & the Royal
Family, Jeffrey Osborne, Weird Al Yancovic, & the
Pointer Sisters (? not sure if they ever made it)

lineage:
WXKS FM radio > Sansui 8 reciever > unknown tape deck (average quality, dolby off) > Maxell XLII 90 min. master cassette > played on Nak. 125 into soundforge 4.5 (WAV) >
FLAC 6 > torrentially yours. first seeded in 2009,

reseeded in 2010 with a flac > wav > flac (sb's aligned)

performance quality: A-, pretty good
source: master FM broadcast tape
recording quality: A

performance quality: I thought she sounded pretty good
but I'll leave that for you to judge

01: announcer introduction 1:03
01: when you were mine 5:08
02: I'll kiss you 4:44
03: witness 4:37
04: all through the night 5:40
05: he's so unusual > 2:34
06: yeah yeah 4:56
07: she bop 4:28
08: time after time 5:56
09: money changes everything 6:31
10: girls just want to have fun 8:07

runtime: 54:43

comments:
this is the earliest live show I've heard from Cyndi, and the only one I've ever recorded. there's just one tape flip, just after track 9 ended, and it's not even noticable after splicing it. the whole set is here, from a hardly ever played master cassette and being posted for the first time (by request) on Sept. 28, 2008. mastered and digitized by glasnostrd19. I haven't used dolby or any noise reduction (almost never have) in any of the lineage in this recording. this kind of music is not really my thing at all, but alot of folks like her so I have held onto this thing for 25+ years. It's about time I dime it up. So here it is, the queen of new wave disco fusion? Donna Summer became the queen of disco in 76 with her own competition with Peter Frampton Comes Alive for the Overkill Song of All Time (Love to Love you Baby, vs. Do you feel like we do? anyone who likes those 2 songs must have far too hot a lover or be too deeply in love to give a damn about the music they're makin' it to) but before that Cyndi may have been the big hit at the disco (I wouldn't know about that scene, but the Metro is a disco. Looks and sounds like one too. That's why I never understood why KING CRIMSON played there in 1981!!!)
So big that in 1987, none other than MILES DAVIS played one of her big hits of this time- time after time. Miles is one of my favorite artists EVER, but Miles playing Lauper sounded VERY WIMPY. (I saw him do it live). Cyndi's version here sounded alot nicer to my ears. Her other big hit at this time was the last song. At this time she refers to "her album" as in she only had one out. Since then she's added a few more, and become quite popular, still sounds quite young. I don't know how young she was in this show, but she sounds like she's about 11 years old. (I'd guess maybe early 20's?) it's not due to an offspeed recording. It's because Cyndi has a VERY high voice. This can be helpful with singing. I believe this recording is at the correct speed and has no problems.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento