martedì 24 ottobre 2023

Rockpile - 1978-10-24 - New York City, NY (FM/FLAC)

(FM broadcast FLAC)

Rockpile
Live at the Bottom Line, NYC
October 24, 1978
WNEW live broadcast

Dave Edmunds - Vocals, Guitar
Billy Bremner - Vocals, Guitar
Nick Lowe - Vocals, Bass
Terry Williams - Drums Drums Drums

01. Down Down Down
02. So It Goes
03. I Knew The Bride
04. Deborah
05. (I Love the Sound of) Breaking Glass
06. No More Mr. Nice Guy [AKA Goodbye Mr. Good Guy]
07. Trouble Boys
08. It's My Own Business
09. Never Been In Love
10. Love So Fine
11. The Promised Land
12. I Hear You Knockin'
13. They Called It Rock
14. Ju Ju Man
15. Heart of the City
16. Here Comes the Weekend

Even though they really only lasted about 3-4 years, Rockpile was easily one of the greatest rock & roll bands of ALL TIME (just my dismal opinion, so don't bother arguing). I never got the chance to see them in person, but I've been collecting live bootlegs of them for a while and I've never heard a performance that was less than great. I thought I'd share a few of my favorites, starting with this spectacular recording and performance. There's missed notes, flubbed lyrics, but...WHO CARES! The energy is amazing! The rip-roaring three song run of "They Called It Rock," "Ju Ju Man" and "Heart of the City" has to be heard to be believed.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento