sabato 1 agosto 2026

The Rolling Stones - Some tramps (STU/FLAC)


(Studio FLAC)

The Rolling Stones 1970s vinyl LP Some tramps (FLAC)
 
CD transfer of the vinyl LP Some tramps (no label) total 42.23

Note:
The sound on this is not of very good quality. Completists only???

I made a CDR from the vinyl album with my Philips CDR 930. Then I encoded the tracks with Flac Frontend V1.7.1. Next I used Trader's little helper for the torrent creation.

1. When the whip comes down 10.30
2. Start me up 4.03
3. Claudine 7.53
4. Miss you 9.13
5. Just my imagination 7.02
6. I can't help it 3.37

Artwork is from the original simple black and white LP cover.

These are early versions and never released tracks, some have probably never been released on cd. I always admired Rolling Stones experts like Nico Zentgraf and Dieter Hoffmann who offered in their works exact data on recording dates and the sequence of the developing tracks. But can we ever be sure?

Dieter Hoffmann presents his comments on these tracks in the two volumes of Das Weissbuch Recording Index 1961-2003, (May 2003):

1. When the whip comes down: version II, already finished lead and backing vocals, additional pedal steel guitar by Ron Wood, Paris, Autumn 1977. This version also to be found on the bootleg cd Twilight zone.

2. Start me up: version I, this is not the reggae-ish version a.k.a. Never stop. Hoffmann calculates this as 4.13, Paris, Spring 1978. According to Hoffmann never released on a cd, so this one could be unique.

3. Claudine: version I, demo version with drums, bass, acoustic guitar, two electric guitars, already finished lyrics, Paris, Autumn 1977. Also released on the bootleg cd Megatrax Vol. 1.

4. Miss you: version IV, part, additional saxophone by Mel Collins and harp by Sugar Blue on version III, Paris, Autumn 1977. Released on bootleg cd's More works, Place Pigalle 5/6, Some tracks II.

5. Just my imagination: version I, according to Hoffmann 7.09, basic track with all instruments incl. backing vocals, Mick Jagger's early lead vocal "... look through my window", Paris, Autumn 1977. With soft count in 1, 2, 3, 4. Could be unique as never been released on cd.

6. I can't help it, a.k.a. Love you too much: version III, Hoffmann calculates this as 3.23, Paris, Spring 1978. Are the vocals not at least partly by Keith? Also released incomplete, only 2.27, on the bootleg cd Megatrax Vol. 1. This longer version maybe unique.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento