giovedì 9 giugno 2022

Pink Floyd - On The Air compilation (FM/TV/FLAC)




(FM/TV broadcast FLAC)

"On the Air" is ready.
It's a 2 CDR anthology which contains broadcast material from 1967 to 1972 (+3 live tracks from movies) It don't include the often released tracks from the BBC sessions. I didn't include full shows either.

DISC ONE (1967-1968)

GRANADA TV "SCENE SPECIAL":
UFO Club, London-Jan. 20, 1967
1-MATILDA MOTHER
2-INTERSTELLAR OVERDRIVE
- -->Realy better than the versions I eard on regular ROIOs.
NB: I choosed a version of IO with the DJ.

CBC RADIO: Feb. 1967
3-INTERSTELLAR OVERDRIVE / INTERVIEWS (full lengh)
- -->I used 3 different sources to get the full track (10min 45 sec)

BBC RADIO: Abbey Road studios,
London-March/April 1967
4-OUTTAKES / PETER JENNER INTERVIEW
- -->Quite a rare item.

BBC TV "LOOK OF THE WEEK":
BBC TV Centre, London-May 14, 1967
5-POW R TOC H
6-INTRODUCTION BY HANS KELLER
7-ASTRONOMY DOMINE
8-INTERVIEW (Snippet)
- -->I know peaple will ask why I didn't used versions released by
Harvested. Well, mainly because they were too clean and, according to
me, in contradiction with the Hans Keller speach (No offence, Ron! You
and your team are doing a great job).

UK RADIO: 1967
9-REACTION IN G
10-SET THE CONTROLS FOR THE HEART OF THE SUN
- -->Fair version I think. (It's the fake (?) 'Carlisle" recording)

ORTF TV "BOUTON ROUGE":
ORTF Studios, Paris-Feb. 20, 1968
11-ASTRONOMY DOMINE
- -->From a rebroadcast (2nd gen tape)

VPRO RADIO: Palazzo dello Sport,
Rome-May 5, 1968
12-ASTRONOMY DOMINE
13-INTERVIEW
14-SET THE CONTROLS FOR THE HEART OF THE SUN
- -->O gen copy.

BBC TV "ROME GOES POP" : Palazzo dello Sport,
Rome-May 5, 1968
15-INTERSTELLAR OVERDRIVE
- --->A good version (though obviously not as good as the VPRO
rebroadcast). It doesn't contain the added loop which appear on most of
the availlable versions.

ORTF TV "SAMEDI & Cie":
ORTF Studios, Paris-Sept. 21, 1968
16-LET THERE BE MORE LIGHT
- --->The sound could have been better, but that's all I found.

BBC TV "ALL MY LOVING":
The Tabernacle, London-Nov. 3, 1968
17-SET THE CONTROLS FOR THE HEART OF THE SUN

ORTF TV "SURPRISE PARTIE":
Psychedelic Club, Paris-Nov. 30, 1968
18-LET THERE BE MORE LIGHT
19-FLAMING
- -->I'm quite sure the date is the right one.

***************

DISC TWO (1969-1972)

ORTF TV "SAMEDI & COMPAGNIE":
ORTF Studios, Paris-Jan. 22, 1969
1-SET THE CONTROLS FOR THE HEART OF THE SUN

BBC TV "LAYING DOWN THE TRACKS": 1969
2-OUTTAKES FROM "MORE"
- -->The sound isn't great, but this track is very rare.

BBC TV "SO WHAT IF IT'S JUST GREEN CHEESE":
BBC TV Centre-July 10, 1969
3-"MOONHEAD"

UNKNOWN SOURCE: (Possibly from a Lille radio (FRANCE))
Actuel Festival, Amougies (Belg.)-Oct. 25, 1969
4-GREEN IS THE COLOUR
5-CAREFUL WITH THAT AXE, EUGENE
- --->I'm not absolutely sure these tracks were broadcast, but I THINK
they were (there is a kind of radio jingle at the beginning of Green is
the colour, and there is obviously a fade in with the applause at the
end)

EUROPE 1 RADIO "MUSICORAMA": (1995 Re-broadcast)
Théâtre des Champs-Élysées, Paris-Jan.23,1970
6-ANNOUNCER
7-THE VIOLENT SEQUENCE
8-THE AMAZING PUDDING
- -->From a 1st gen tape

FILM -" STAMPING GROUND":
Holland Pop Festival, Rotterdam-July 28, 1970
9-SET THE CONTROLS FOR THE HEART OF THE SUN
10-A SAUCERFUL OF SECRETS
- -->I already explained why I choose to include these tracks though they
come from a movie, not from a broadcast.

ORTF TV-"PINK FLOYD STORY":
Abbaye de Royaumont (France)-June 15, 1971
11-ANNOUNCERS
12-CYMBALINE

FILM - "SOUND OF THE CITY":
The Dome, Brighton-June 29, 1972
13-CAREFUL WITH THAT AXE, EUGENE

Few words about this weed:
When I started to work on this anthology, it wasn't suposed to become a weed. But it appeared that this 2CDR set might interest some echoesians, since some of these tracks are quite difficult to get. 

Most of the time, I had 2, 3 or 4 different versions of the same track. I carefully checked these versions to find out which one I though was the best one. I tried to improve their sound quality (I can't count how much hours I spent to do it).

I couldn't find all the tracks I hoped to find. So if you have a broadcasted track recorded from 1967 to 1973 (exept the BBC tracks and full shows) which isn't include in this 2CDR set, please let me know (maybe one of these days I will release a 3rd CDR to complete this 2CDR set)

1 commento:

  1. Is this different in some way to http://theultimatebootlegexperience7.blogspot.com/2017/04/pink-floyd-on-air-fmflac.html
    ?

    RispondiElimina