sabato 10 aprile 2021
The Ultimate Killer - Ahoy, Rotterdam - DVD - UPGRADE
Many thanks to caddy72, his friend Erik and AAlias for making this available in the first place - caddy's original comment is reproduced below.
This is an upgrade for 2 reasons
1. I have removed the 15 mins of "nothing" (blank screen...no video or audio) at the end of each DVD resulting in a total size of 7.13GB instead of 8.2GB.
2. I have re-authored the DVDs, from the original files, to include chapter points for each song and motion menus. This involves no re-encoding (TMPGenc DVD author 1.6)
Also, a minor point, there is now no "overlap" between the 2 discs
Neil Young - vocals, guitar, piano, pump organ
Frank Sampedro - guitar, keyboards, vocals
Billy Talbot - bass, vocals
Ralph Molina - drums, vocals
* Pegi Young - backing vocals
* Astrid Young - backing vocals
1. Don't Cry No Tears
2. I've Been Waiting For You
3. Love And Only Love
4. Piece Of Crap
5. Goin' Home *
6. Hold You In My Arms *
7. From Hank To Hendrix
8. Don't Let It Bring You Down
9. Out On The Weekend
10. Long May You Run
11. Only Love Can Break Your Heart
12. Standing In The Light Of Love
1. Gateway Of Love
2. Hey Hey, My My
3. Sedan Delivery
4. Like A Hurricane
5. Tonight's The Night *
6. Come On Baby Let's Go Downtown *
7. Rockin' In The Free World *
8. Powderfinger *
9. Down By The River *
10. Roll Another Number * (cuts in)
11. Goin' Home *
Original comment from caddy...
"I enjoyed this great Neil Young show ( on VHS) for many years, gifted by a friend who used a Pro Video Edit Suite to make this.
It was a first generation VHS copy of the 2 Digital Betacam Masters, build from the DVCam video and a Second Audio source on a Pro AVID Symphony A/V Edit System.
Recently I tried to digitize the VHS and I asked him about it and he said: "Don't bother, I still have the DigiBeta Masters, I'll send you a copy on DVD Format" :-).
So here it is: "The Ultimate Killer"
I think the Video Source is the same as used for "Ahoy, The Killer" but the Audio Source sounds MUCH BETTER. (Near SBD Quality)
A Big THNX should go to my friend Erik who got the source material from his father-in-law and spend "2 dagen pielen" to match / correct / smooth the video to the Audio Track and vice/versa, making the Best Of It.
And also to the people at a "Well Known Video Company",
who supplied the AVID-Symphony A/V Digital Edit Suite for 2 days to make this Gem !!"