sabato 5 novembre 2022

Yes - 2000-07-01 - Bonner Springs, KS (DVDfull pro-shot)

(DVDfull pro-shot)

Masterworks Tour

Sandstone Amphitheatre

Lineage:

pro-shot in-house video feed -> VHS -> Sony Vegas Pro/Sony Sound Forge Pro (audio remaster) -> DVD

This tape was provided by Anonymous as a first-generation copy of the master.


Very good quality video with a handful of short (1-2 seconds each) tape tracking problems scattered throughout the program. Excellent audio.


01 - Young Persons Guide To The Orchestra
02 - Close To The Edge
03 - Starship Trooper
04 - Gates Of Delirium
05 - Leaves Of Green
06 - Heart Of The Sunrise
07 - Ritual (short cut during track, probably a tape change)
08 - I've Seen All Good People
09 - Roundabout (missing last 1 or 2 minutes)


Notes by TheTooleMan:
I'm sharing this rare - if not totally uncirculated - video on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of my first Yes concert, Atlanta, Georgia, September 30, 1972. Here are my thoughts and comments of that concert, which I shared many years ago on Forgotten Yesterdays:

"I've had several memorable magical moments (was that a Beatles album?) during Yes concerts. Hard to put them in a few paragraphs, and forgive me if I ramble, but here's a try at it:


"Close to the Edge concert, Atlanta, September 30, 1972: the band walks on stage as the Firebird Suite ends. Jon sneezed, excused himself, then led the band into I've Seen All Good People. (They switched to opening with Siberian Khatru later in the tour.) I was dazzled by the sound quality, especially contrasted with the twangy opening set by the Eagles, and by the quality of the band's performance. The crescendo of "Sharp... Distance" blew us across the auditorium. Movie cameras were set up in front of the stage; perhaps footage of the Atlanta concert was included in the YesSongs film. Later, a mirror ball dropped from the ceiling as the opening effects built up to my first audition of Close to the Edge. I was transported."


I realize now that my concert's opening with "All Good People" was the oddity, though it seemed normal to me for many years. You recall that the "YesSongs" film also opened with that tune. In Atlanta, "Siberian Khatru" was played after Roundabout, after which the band left the stage and returned for the encore, "Yours is No Disgrace."


If this little essay finds its way to someone who is sitting on the tape or film of the Atlanta 1972 concert, please share it... or anything else you may have in your possession. As with this previously uncirculated video, all additions to the Yes annals will be greatly appreciated.


TheTooleMan

September 30, 2012



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento