lunedì 19 giugno 2023

The Cure - 2023-06-11 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH (AUD/FLAC)


The Cure
June 11th, 2023
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Blossom Music Center
Shows Of A Lost World Tour

Equipment: AT853 [4.7k Mod] + CA9100 + Sony PCM-M10 [Oade Concert Mod] / Feeds 
Tapers: RyanJ / Anonymous' Rec.
Location: Section 25 Row J/ Row H
Lineage: WAVs > Audition (mix/matrix, de-clap, normalize to -0.1 db, convert to 16/44) > Fission (track) > xACT > FLAC

01 - More Alone
02 - Alone
03 - Pictures Of You
04 - Lovesong
05 - And Nothing Is Forever
06 - If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
07 - Burn
08 - Kyoto Song
09 - A Night Like This
10 - Push
11 - At Night
12 - Play For Today
13 - A Forest
14 - Shake Dog Shake
15 - From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
16 - Endsong
17 - Encore Break 1
18 - I Can Never Say Goodbye
19 - It Can Never Be The Same
20 - Want
21 - Plainsong
22 - Disintegration
23 - Encore Break 2
24 - Lullaby
25 - Six Different Ways
26 - The Walk
27 - Friday I'm In Love
28 - Close To Me
29 - Why Can't I Be You?
30 - In Between Days
31 - Just Like Heaven
32 - Boys Don't Cry

Notes:
Like many have said, this was a very hard tour to get tickets from. My brother is a huge Cure fan and we were hoping to go to Chicago, Cleveland and Detroit. Was only able to make 2 of them. We had to use secondary market to score some tickets. This was a 23,000 sold out show and we left early from Detroit in order to get there, about 5pm. It was raining, looking pretty grim in terms of the show going on with thunderstorms in the forecast later. It took us about an hour to park and then another hour to walk/get in to the venue. At this point it's a downpour. Worried about the gear and how wet it is. I had a ticket off to the side of the pavilion and felt the sound would not carry well to where I was sitting. But, I was going to try anyways. After Twilight Sad, it just started BUCKETING outside. The Cure crew doing line check etc and then thunder/lightning started breaking out. The power went out at the venue. At this point I did not think the show was going to happen, understandable too! Blossom was asking people on the lawn to go back to their cars. But no one budged. It was a nightmare to get in to this venue and I can't imagine lining back up to get inside and probably miss a good portion of the show. So I don't blame them. My brother was sitting in another section and he texted me saying that ushers were helping some people from the lawn to find empty seats to sit at. This was our chance. The section over, and just a few seats from where I was sitting were about 7 open seats. No one had come to sit in them yet. I assumed they were probably season ticket holders for the venue. Probably to be unoccupied. I texted my brother to come down here for us to occupy these seats. Perfect. In line with the left stack. 

There was about a 30 minute delay in the start of the set. But the show went on! About 30 minutes in to their set, people finally showed up for these seats. They probably just had a tough time getting in to the venue. Luckily, the seats in front of this row were available... the VIP section of Blossom. At this point, I didn't care if we'd get booted from the seats. Just had to try. I felt a little awkward taking these seats as a server was coming around taking orders from everyone etc. But I think this guy really knew we weren't supposed to be sitting there and just didn't care. Everyone was cold and wet, two other people joined our row that looked like they were just trying to beat the rain too. Two instances where I thought this was is and we were going to get booted from the seats was the server asking for a button that people could hit to order and then an usher came over and told me I couldn't use this handle I have for my digital camera while I was filming. So you may hear that on the tape. I listened through and don't remember hearing it, so maybe it wasn't picked up. But I was passively listening. With all that said, I just thought the tape was going to suck. The moving, the people asking me shit. I was just thinking the worst. The set was VERY enjoyable. The sound was impressive at Blossom. Last time I had been there was 08 for Radiohead, so it had been a while. Blossom was awesome in The Cure to play past curfew and fit in their whole set. Highlight was 'A Forest' in to 'Shake Dog Shake.'

I was happy to be able to hit at least two of the three shows. After all of the stuff that went on during the show, this was a really good tape and happy that it came out way better than I was expecting. I was +/- on bringing in windscreens for the ATs. I ended up not using them, so in-between songs by the end of the night was a few gusts of wind. Enjoy the tape.

1 commento:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH RyanJ & Anonymous. THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN EDGE. Give a chance to this recording and listen to it, because it's really worth it.
    Anonimous1

    RispondiElimina