lunedì 20 giugno 2022

Rush - 2015-05-08 - Tulsa, OK (AUD/FLAC)


(Audience FLAC)

Rush ~ "Are You Fucking Kidding Me?"

Friday, May 8, 2015
R40 Tour
BOK Center
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA

Format: Recorded in 24-bit/44.1kHz
Source: Audience Digital Master
Equipment: Pair of Milab VM-44 Link Cardioids ~> Marantz PMD661(Oade CM)
Location: Floor, Al Side, F7, Row D
Taper: ninjadave
Mastering: SiriusJoe/ninjadave

This is my master, its diff than the other uploads of this same date on Dime.

16 BIT VERSION

SET I [66:46]

01 Vid: The World Is...The World Is 2:08
02 Clockwork Angels 7:26
03 The Anarchist 6:56
04 Headlong Flight (with mini drumsolo) 8:49
05 Far Cry 5:38
06 The Main Monkey Business 6:25
07 One Little Victory 5:53
08 Animate 6:22
09 Roll The Bones 5:59
10 Distant Early Warning 5:12
11 Subdivisions 5:52

Set II [90:29]

01 Vid: No Country For Old Hens 5:22
02 Tom Sawyer 4:59
03 Red Barchetta 7:07
04 The Spirit of Radio 5:24
05 Jacob's Ladder 7:33
06 Hemispheres Prelude 4:19
07 Cygnus X-1 (with drum solo) 8:45
08 Closer To The Heart 2:57
09 Xanadu 10:41
10 2112 (Overture/Temples of Syrinx/Presentation/Grand Finale) 12:14
~Encore~
11 Vid: Mel's Rockpile 1:38
12 Lakeside Park 2:22
13 Anthem 3:10
14 What You're Doing 3:42
15 Working Man (with Garden Road riff) 5:06
16 Vid: Exit Stage Left/Polka CttH Outro 5:05

Total Time [2:37:15]

NOTES:
The first show. Its been quite a long time since I've journeyed to the first show. I was at Hartford in 2002 for the Vapor Trails tour (the "comeback" show) and at the time, that was the most emotion I ever felt at a Rush gig, for obvious reasons. This one nearly tops it...what a gig. When they played the second CA tune I was very much intrigued by the possiblity that they were gonna go "backwards". I wasn't sure they would ever do something like that but changing the stage as they went was genius...and then realizing the entire 2nd set was gonna be MP and prior, I just wasn't sure if we would get the "old" shit but boy was I wrong. Couldn't have dreamed of a better show. Suprised by some ommissions but they can't play them all...with La Villa being the one that really jumps out at me. My two holy grails where played, however...Jacobs Ladder and Xanadu (complete w/Doublenecks). Worth the price of admission. Throw in the others and the second set is insane, almost as insane as the dude who couldn't help his reactions, and his complete and utter disbelief at what he was hearing...I buried him slightly but frankly, when I listen back, it still chokes me up. The emotion was real. Hope you feel it too.

"Are you fucking kidding me??"...what else could I say?

To the greatest power trio ever, none will ever touch you - Thank you DIRK, LERXST and PRATT for 40+ years of incredible music, dedication, laughter, heartbreak and joy. I will never forget it.

It was great to meet up with the other Gaters at the gig, and to see others I've met over the years. It's always great to meet new Rush fans, putting a face with the name, and seeing the love for this band by its diehard fans. It's incredible, and it's another thing I'm gonna miss...Let's hope they find a way to plod on a little while longer...

Thanks to SiriusJoe for listening to the raw source and giving me the "recipe" for the master. I tweaked it only sligthly and it turned out very nice indeed.

There are no fades in the tracks so burn the way you want. Only a minor cut in the Mel's Rockpile Vid...I saved the file as my battery was reading low the entire second set but it survived. New batteries are in hand!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento