sabato 30 marzo 2024

The Yardbirds - 1968-03-30 - New York City, NY (SBD/FLAC)




(Soundboard Flac)

Source: Live Yardbirds! (Featuring Jimmy Page) Epic Records.
Lineage: Epic Lp>Wav>Cd-R>Wav(EAC)>Flac

Quality: Ex

01. The Train Kept A Rollin'
02. You're a Better Man Than I
03. Heartful of Soul
04. I'm Confused
05. My Baby
06. Over Under Sideways Down
07. Drinking Muddy Water
08. Shapes of Things
09. White Summer
10. I'm A Man

Notes:
This show comes from a rather infamous Lp. With the success of Led Zeppelin, Epic decided to cash in on Jimmy Page and so released this Lp. The hardcore are familiar with the story - the drums were recorded with a single mic, crowd noise was added with the sound of clinking glasses, etc. The result? Jimmy immediately had the Lp pulled off shelves....but not before some got out. This set is taken directly from the original Epic vinyl (I had to go through a TMQ boot, then a pirate [artwork in black and white] before finally getting my hands on the genuine Epic Lp). The set includes an early version of Dazed & Confused (here called "I'm Confused"), which includes Keith Relfs original lyrics. The release has always been pretty panned over the years, but I've always enjoyed it quite a bit myself. See what you think.

2 commenti:

  1. "The set includes an early version of Dazed & Confused (here called "I'm Confused"), which includes Keith Relfs original lyrics"

    Ho Hum!!!

    Actually, Jakes Holmes' original lyrics with some changes by Keith Relf

    RispondiElimina
  2. There's an official remastered release of this - came out couple of years ago, but sound is not that much better

    RispondiElimina