lunedì 22 maggio 2023

Bonnie Raitt - 2002-05-22 - Clearwater, FL (ALD/FLAC)


(ALD FLAC)

Bonnie Raitt
Ruth Eckerd Hall
Clearwater, Florida
May 22, 2002

Soundboard (Assistive Listening Device) source

A John Tsalikes recording (from the Jim F. collection)

Source: ALD/SBD > D8 (Williams sound box--from the parking lot) > Sony M1 DAT
Transfer: PC > CDR > EAC > WAV > editing > FLAC FrontEnd > FLAC

CD1
01. Love Letter
02. Fool's Game
03. I Can't Help You Now
04. Gnawin' On It
05. Band introduction
06. Silver Lining
07. Time Of Our Lives
08. Nick Of Time
09. Hear Me Lord
10. No Getting Over You

CD2
01. Angel From Montgomery
02. You
03. Never Make Your Move Too Soon
04. Thing Called Love
05. Something To Talk About
06. The Fundamental Things
07. Encore break
08. I Can't Make You Love Me
09. Nobody Knows The Meaning Of The Word
10. Love Sneakin' Up On You
11. Final band intro and thanks

Comments:
John Tsalikes was a renaissance man in the taping and trading community. He is the only taper I ever knew who had master recordings of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, and Cat Stevens, and refined the art of wireless recording long before most of us knew it was even possible.

He was as generous -- with both his collection and his knowledge -- as he was proficient. During the last few years of his life, I remember the rush of adrenalin I would feel when I found a package from him in my mailbox, loaded with uncirculated and unheard-of recordings I wouldn't have even known to ask for. Whenever he had a recording he was proud of, he would frequently crank out a dozen or so copies of CDs and mail them to his friends; he was one of my favorite people in the community and a mentor to many.

One of John's conquests was the Assistive Listening Device system at Ruth Eckerd Hall near his home. There are a number of recordings in circulation from this era and all sound surprisingly good for an in-house broadcast. If I remember correctly, he ran them from the parking lot, after much trial and error with equipment and location.

"The Commish" was kind enough to post a number of these recordings after John's death in 2002. They all sound anywhere from really good to great. I grabbed this one when TheCommish posted it in early 2009; I don't know anything about Bonnie Raitt, but if John felt it was worth taping and sharing, I figured it would be worth having.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento