lunedì 25 settembre 2023

Dream Theater - 2019-09-26 - Louisville, KY (AUD/FLAC)


(Audience FLAC)

Dream Theater
Date: Thursday, September 26, 2019
Venue/location: The Palace Theater, Louisville, kentucky, USA
Tour name: Distance Over Time Tour + 20 Years of Metropolis Pt. 2 (first show of the second North American leg)
Recording type: Audience
Taper(s): Chickenwing
Media: Lossless; 2 CDs
Source information: Digital Master
Lineage: Zoom H2N internal X-Y microphones (16 bit, 44.1 KHZ WAV) -> mastered in Goldwave -> track splitting in Goldwave -> encoded to FLAC level 6 using Trader's Little Helper
Generation: Master

James LaBrie - Vocals
John Petrucci - Guitar, backing vocals
John Myung - Bass, backing vocals
Jordan Rudess - Keyboard, backing vocals
Mike Mangini - Drums, backing vocals

Set I
01. Intro: Atlas (Instrumental Alt) (Nick Phoenix & Thomas J. Bergersen song)
02. Untethered Angel
03. A Nightmare to Remember
04. Banter
05. Paralyzed
06. Barstool Warrior
07. In the Presence of Enemies, Part I
08. Pale Blue Dot

Set II
09. Interlude
10. Regression
11. Overture 1928
12. Strange Déjà Vu
13. Through My Words
14. Fatal Tragedy
15. Beyond This Life
16. Through Her Eyes
17. Home
18. The Dance of Eternity
19. One Last Time
20. The Spirit Carries On
21. Finally Free
22. Encore
23. At Wit's End (Live Premiere)

Total running time: 2:29:00 (149 minutes)

Recorded from the orchestra-level platform.

First of all, huge thanks to my friend Brian for buying the ticket for this one. My Thursday night opened up for this show close to the last minute, and since I apparently have a death wish, I signed on to tape a gig the night before a three-day festival. It's hard to believe that almost three years ago, the first time I ever set foot in the Palace was for a Dream Theater show, and it was a nightmare I remember, that's for sure. Despite the amazing recording that would come out of this night, that show would come back to haunt me. You see, I made it to the venue with no problem, set up on the platforms at the back of the orchestra floor, the best taping spot in this venue, and got the Zoom running 15 minutes before ShowTime. I texted a friend for a little bit to kill time, and at around 7:58 I plugged my ear buds in to check that the Zoom hadn't gone haywire. It had. The mics were dead, and the screen was off. That is a terrifying feeling, my friends. I was on a time crunch, and switched out the batteries and restarted the recording as quickly as I could. I missed the very first seconds of the intro and crowd cheering, but you wouldn't know it by listening. I'm actually really proud of myself for that recovery. That being said, I was pretty terrified throughout the first set, and started a voice memo on my phone just in case. Once I got over my close call, this show was incredibly good. I was reminded how intense a DT concept album can be, and this tour brought about several added video interludes which add clarity and reveal new detail in the Metropolis story line. As another perk of being the first show in a new leg of the tour, we also got a live premiere. I had been traveling most of the day with a wicked headache, so Jordan's keyboard solo were blisteringly loud and screechy to my ears, but the Zoom handles them well and most of the band cuts through the mix brilliantly. Mangini's kick is very quiet, and Myung blends too well. There was an obvious Petrucci-Rudess highlight, as expected, and those guys really stole the show. They traded wicked fast solos all night, and I loved every moment.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento