domenica 18 agosto 2019

Steve Miller Band - 1982-06-26 - Milwaukee, WI (AUD/FLAC)




(Audience FLAC)

Lineage:
Microphones: Sony ECM 33F
Tape Deck: Sony TC-D5M
Cassettes: TDK MA-90 Metal Bias
Recorded with Dolby B but I choose to leave it off on this playback

Master Tape > Sony TC-D5M (ORIGINAL UNIT!!)
Run Through the Naim 52 Pre-amplifier
To the Philips CDR-101 (Marantz CDR-600) [tracked on the fly] ZERO GAIN SETTING!
Using CDR Yaiyo Yuden 74-ZY Gold (The best!)
Playback in PC with Plextor UltraPlex40max SCSI CD-ROM
EAC in paranoid mode to slow the read speed.
FLAC > To You Guys, Enjoy RB

01 - Swingtown
02 - Space Cowboy
03 - Mercury Blues
04 - Fly Like An Eagle
05 - Wild Mountain Honey
06 - The Joker
07 - Gangster Of Love
08 - Living in the USA
09 - Something Special
10 - Keeps Me Wondering Why
11 - Get on Home
12 - Heart Like A Wheel
13 - Macho City/band intro
14 - Abracadabra
15 - Rock 'n' Me
16 - Give it up
17 - Jet Airliner
18 - Jet Airliner (cont.)
19 - Jungle Love
20 - *****Home Sweet Home Milwaukee/Texas Blues*****
21 - Swingtown (He said he ran out of songs so he would start over.)
22 - Take The Money And Run

Notes by the taper
This has to be my favorite recording in the year and a half I recorded on it. What energy the band had! To this day it amazes me when I hear it. This is a good a listen as it gets. Of course it helps if you like Steve Miller. If you do.......I guarantee this to be as good if not the best Steve Miller you ever heard. This is a perfect listen with a beer on a Friday night. This was when bands started going cordless. You hear every now and then static through the PA. How amusing when Stevie says the line "Someone give me a Cheeseburger" a whole bunch of Summerfest cheeseburgers was hurled up the stage. For those that went to the Summerfest Main stage back in the days......remember the group always center 20 rows or so? "The Gerbils". I got a kick out of that. These were great times....beer 50 cents a cup. Steve Miller was smiling from ear to ear this entire show. You want kick ass rock with all the dynamic range? Then I suggest you crank this show on your best system! The levels of the cdr are exactly what is on the master. I permanently added to the lineage "ZERO GAIN SETTING!". Unless I used a pro mixer you cannot add gain with the CDR burner otherwise the dynamic range suffers. I prefer the Naim 52 as my buffer anyway. Stop looking at levels and just crank it.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento