domenica 23 ottobre 2022

Cold Blood - 1971-06-30 - San Francisco, CA (FM/FLAC)




(FM broadcast FLAC)

Fillmore West

FM Broadcast KSAN - "Last Days of the Fillmore"
FM SBD> cass/3? > ??? > cdr> EAC secure> FLAC L6

Lydia Pense - Vocals, Percussion
Larry Field - Guitar
Raul Matute - Hammond Organ, Piano
Danny Hull - Tenor Saxophone
Jerry Jonutz - Baritone, Alto, and Tenor saxophones
Larry Jonutz - Trumpet
David Padron - Trumpet
Rod Ellicott - Bass
Frank Davis - Drums
Guests: Jeff & Michael Stanton - vocals on track-7

Disc 1
01.You Got Me Hummin'
02.Too Many People
03.Lo And Behold
04.I Can't Stay
05.Funky On My Back
06.banter & KSAN DJ talk
07.Your Good Thing

Disc 2
01.Watch Your Step
02.Shop Talk
03.I Wish I Knew How It Feels To Be Free
04.//Understanding
05.I Just Want To Make Love To You
06.//I'm A Good Woman

notes:
"I've always loved Lydia Pense and Cold Blood since I first saw live them in the Motown back in early 1970. Lydia was a sexy dynamo onstage, the band was funky, and had great dynamics live. The original source of this show comes from the Fillmore West 30th Anniversary Tree, and is one of the only documents around of Cold Blood's early sets. Taken from an FM broadcast, there are several audio flaws from the soundboard mix and tape hiss throughout including a Fillmore power failure, so this show could use a remaster job by those in the know. Additionally track-12 (I Just Wanna Make Love To You) had to be removed due to release on the "Last days of the Fillmore" box set. But stll if you are a fan of Cold Blood. it's a pleasure to listen to them live once again! As always your comments are appreciated!!!"

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento