lunedì 18 settembre 2023

The Band - 1976-09-18 - New York City, NY (FM/FLAC)




(FM broadcast FLAC)

The Band w/ Howard Johnson Horns
Palladium, New York (Opening Night of the Palladium formally the 'Academy of Music')
9-18-76
WBCN-FM Broadcast (also on WNEW & WHCN)

Lineage:
Master 'off air' FM Reel [Maxell UD35-180 10 1/2" reel (Revox B-77) 7 1/2ips 1/4 track] --> Tascam CD-RW2000 --> EAC --> CDWAV --> FLAC 

Disc 1
01. Announcers Intro
02. MC Introduction
03. Ophelia
04. The Shape I'm In / WBCN ID
05. It Makes No Difference
06. The Weight / WBCN ID
07. King Harvest (Has Surely Come)
08. The Twilight
09. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
10. Across The Great Divide
11. Stage Fright / WBCN ID
12. Forbidden Fruit

Disc 2
01. Acadian Driftwood
02. The Genetic Method
03. Chest Fever / WBCN ID
04. This Wheel's On Fire
05. Don't Do It
06. DJ Announcement

Encore
07. DJ Announcement
08. Up On Cripple Creek
09. Life Is A Carnival w/ Paul Butterfield
10. DJ Announcement / Cut (10 1/2" Reel Flip)
11. The WS Wallcott's Medicine Show
12. DJ Announcement

Note:
I've had a number of messages asking me if I Eq'd these tapes or wondering how I got them to sound this good. I never EQ anything nor did I use noise reduction. When I first began taping a friend showed my how to "Bias' my reels. This ended up being a 'pain in the neck' but also allowed me to make excellent dubs on different manufactured tapes (though the bulk of my collection is on Maxell). Then there was the 10 1/2" reels. I only knew one other person who had a deck capable of playing back large reels. So.....most of my 10 1/2" reels have only been played back 3-4 times. None of my large reels saw heavy usage. They have stood up well over 30 yrs........and there are more to come...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento