martedì 29 agosto 2023

Georgia Satellites - 1987-08-29 - Reading, UK (FM/FLAC)




(FM broadcast FLAC)

Live At The Reading Festival

LINEAGE: 
FM BROADCAST - CASSETTE - RME DIGI 96/8 PRO SOUNDCARD - WAV - FLAC (LEVEL 8 COMPRESSION)

RECORDED IN 24 BIT WITH ADOBE AUDITION 2.0, NORMALIZED THEN CONVERTED TO 16 BIT WITH DITHER CONVERTED TO FLAC WITH EASY CD-DA EXTRACTOR 12

01. The Myth Of Love
02. No Particular Place To Go
03. Battleship Chains
04. Nights Of Mystery/Little Queenie
05. I Just Wanna Make Love To You
06. Amazing Grace/Can't Stand The Pain
07. Keep Your Hands To Yourself/I Know It's Only Rock 'N Roll 
08. Sweet Little Rock 'N' Roller

Notes by the uploader/trader:
From Dain Baird's opening proclaimation, "Hey, we're in god damn England!", this is one smokin' show. This A++ FM broadcast is possibly the best live Georgia Satellites I've ever heard. I don't know if this was their first show of the tour or their first festival or what, but they are ON FIRE!! If you don't download anything else, get track 5, "I Just Want to Make Love to You". (It's also worth it just to hear Dan Baird's comments between songs.)
This 40 minute tape is kind of short, but for a new band at a major festival, this is likely the whole show.
None of this has been officially released, even though it should have been. Three songs from a May 15 show at the London's Town & Country Club were used on a couple of Japanese EPs, but this Reading show is clean.
This was from a re-broadcast in the early 90s on Alan "Fluff" Freeman's (RIP) Saturday Rock Show. I was a bit late hitting the record button so "Hello England" got missed! Other than that it is the complete broadcast.
It sounds like there is an edit between tracks 6 and 7 - I have no idea if there are songs missing or just some chat. I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows anything about that.
I've faded in the beginning but left the ending intact for people to do whatever they like with, mainly because I think fadeouts with Audition don't sound right and I'm temporarily without Pro Tools!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento