venerdì 17 maggio 2013
New Orleans House (M1-AUD)
"Jitter & jump with the miraculous hump!"
unknown reel-to-reel recorder -> master stereo reels -> 1st generation Maxell XLII-S 90 cassettes, Dolby B on.
Terry MacNeil - electric piano, guitars, vocals
Peter Kraemer - saxophone, flute, synthesizers [Synthophone, Arp], vocals
Martin Beard - electric bass, vocals
Norman Mayell - drums, percussion, harmonica
01. Oriental Fantasy
02. Sleazy Street
03. Orange Peel
04. Coke, Suede & Waterbeds
05. Hello, Hello
07. Dancin' Wizard
08. Astronaut Food
09. ...Brief Synthophonia
10. Monkeys On The Moon
11. Brief Synthophonia
12. --band introductions--
13. Sneaky Smith
14. Wham Bam, I'm A Smoky Ham
16. Sleazy Street
17. Hello, Hello
18. Orange Peel
19. Astronaut Food
Total Time ::: 2:07:00
- VERY fine, crisp, lovely stereo AUD. Check samples for validation, illumination & enlightenment.
- WARNING: Prepare to be astounded, astonished, flabbergasted, dazzled & thunderstruck!
- Warts: Most dullspots, dropouts & volume fluctuations were fixed, but surely missed some.
- Includes the entire "The Miraculous Hump Returns From The Moon" album played live.
-Other act on the bill, both 1st & 2nd sets - "Stuart Little Band" from Stockton, CA. (Anyone have live tapes by them?).
- "Wham Bam, I'm A Smoky Ham" is an unissued Sopwith Camel song ('an astrological number').
Playback 2012-05-01 ::: 1st generation Maxell XLII-S 90 cassettes on Nakamichi 680ZX cassette deck, Dolby B on, azimuth & speed adjusted (pitched!) for individual recording, heads cleaned & demagnetized -> Sony Linear PCM Recorder PCM-M10 (LPCM 44.10kHz/16bit WAV files) -> computer -> Audacity (normalisation to remove DC offset, channel/phase alignment, fades, manual one-at-a-time glitch / dropout / bump / pop / click / dullspot repairs, volume adjustments, further speed fixes if necessary, NO equalisation) -> CD Wave (track splits) -> Trader's Little Helper -> yer ears. First uploaded week of 2013-05-11.