martedì 1 agosto 2023

Rush - 2015-08-01 - Inglewood, CA (AUD/FLAC)


(Audience FLAC)

RUSH 
INGLEWOOD, CA @ THE FORUM 
2015-08-01 

AT831 -> SP-SPSB-11 -> R-09HR -> Soundforge -> FLAC 

Set 1:
01. -The World Is...The World Is- 
02. The Anarchist 
03. Headlong Flight (with 'Drumbastica' mini drum solo) 
04. Far Cry 
05. The Main Monkey Business 
06. One Little Victory 
07. Animate 
08. Roll The Bones 
09. Distant Early Warning 
10. Losing It (with Jonathan Dinklage) 
11. Subdivisions 

Set 2: 
12. -No Country For Old Hens- 
13. Tom Sawyer 
14. Red Barchetta 
15. The Spirit Of Radio 
16. Jacob's Ladder 
17. Cyngus X-1 
(Book II: Hemispheres Part I: Prelude) 
(Book One: The Voyage Parts 1 & 3, with drum solo) 
18. Closer To The Heart 
19. Xanadu 
20. 2112 

Encore:
(Part I: Overture 
(Part II: The Temples Of Syrinx) 
(Part III: Presenation) 
(Part IV: Grand Finale) 
21. -Mel's Rock Pile (starring Eugene Levy)) 
22. Lakeside Park 
23. Anthem 
24. What You're Doing 
25. Working Man (with Garden Road outro) 
26. -Exit Stage Left- 

Tracks 1, 12, 26 are videos played on the screens 

And so it begins, after taking the summer off, I will now post at least 100 consecutive 2015 masters. Except I am not going to count this one since there are already other sources out there. A little late starting because I went 9 days without a computer. Or a little early because my whole reason for putting a hold on seeding new stuff and reseeding old stuff is I was planning on going to as many shows as I am physically capable of. Except this year I was physically capable of a lot less than last year (which saw me going out a record 21 nights in a row) because the aging process is speeding up, and I got really sick smack dab in the middle of August with chills in a hundred degree weather derailing many shows. The one that hurt the most was missing 2001: A Space Odyssey with orchestra at the Hollywood Bowl as any bands I blew off will sure enough be rolling around again. 

But it gave me time to try to catch up. (Then I got sick again in early October but not so sick I had to miss anything I was looking forward to for six months) 

About this show: 

I first saw Rush in 1986, my 3rd ever show. Always wanted to see them again but it was just never convenient. Not to mention sometimes I like them but most of the time they bore the hell out of me. This time around I wasn't even attuned to the last show twangs, only I had money when tickets went on sale and it was at the Forum which was a much better choice than Staples Center, Irvine, Nokia Theatre or any of the awful places they usually play so I decided to jump on one of the cheap seats. Sorry folks, it's always the cheap seats. Except they are not really cheap anymore. (Thanks Sir Mick!) 

Anyway I have hardly listened to Rush at all in the last several decades but I really enjoyed the hell out of this show. It was one of the best executed classic rock shows I have ever seen. It's been so long that some songs like Distant Early Warning I totally forgot even existed but brought me back to a time when my musical consciousness was still constrained by the KLOS playlist. Also I always need music to sleep and in the 1980's I had a tape of Exit Stage Left I would play at bedtime. With my eyes closed, Red Barchetta always stimulated all sorts of visuals in my mind's eye as I drifted off, though I still have no idea what a Barchetta even looks like. So I was glad they played that. It was like I was ten years and it was bedtime all over again. 

My favorite part had to be the encore and especially What You're Doing. If only they had stuck with that sound instead revolutionizing geek rock, who knows how history might have changed. Probably as well remembered and beloved as Budgie. Except without being covered by Metallica. 

Thankfully the crowd around me was enjoying it too and was very attentive and I didn't even catch a hint of inappropriate conversation anywhere around me which probably helped me enjoy it more than I usually do at arena shows. Gonna get the DVD in a few weeks too. Probably only the second time in my life I will be spending real money on Rush but the show was that good.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento