giovedì 20 luglio 2023

The Ramones - 1982-07-20 - Roslyn, NY (FM/FLAC)




(FM broadcast FLAC)

RAMONES
Roslyn, Long Island, NY
My Father's Place
July 20, 1982

lineage
FM broadcast->cassette (generation unknown)->WAV (recorded w/ CDWav)->GoldWave (used to increase the volume level on the left channel by 10%)->CDWav for track splits->FLAC (using dBpowerAMP Music Converter)

CD1:
01. intro
02. Do You Remember Rock-n-Roll Radio?
03. Do You Wanna Dance?
04. Blitzkrieg Bop
05. This Business Is Killing Me
06. All's Quiet On The Eastern Front
07. Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
08. Rock-n-Roll High School
09. I Wanna Be Sedated
10. Beat On The Brat
11. The KKK Took My Baby Away
12. Commando
13. Come On Now
14. Suzy Is A Headbanger
15. Let's Dance
16. Needles and Pins
17. I'm Affected
18. Chinese Rock
19. Rockaway Beach
20. Teenage Lobotomy

CD2
01. Surfin' Bird
02. Cretin Hop
03. California Sun
04. Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World
05. Pinhead
06. 53rd and 3rd
07. Judy Is A Punk
08. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
09. We Want The Airwaves
10. I Just Want To Have Something To Do
11. We're A Happy Family
12. Surf City
13. I Don't Want You
14. Go Mental
15. radio outro

I received this in a cassette trade over 10 years ago.  I don't have the exact lineage, but I think it's pretty low gen.  It's from a radio broadcast on WLIR-FM.  This show has been used on some bootleg CDs and LPs.  But to the best of my knowledge, none of those have ever included the complete broadcast.  That's what I have here:  the complete broadcast.

The whole thing went longer than 80 minutes, so I had to split it between two discs.  If you really want this on one disc, it will fit if you get rid of the radio DJ intro (plus some of the intro music) and the radio DJ outro.  But, for sake of completion, I did not make these edits.

Also, I'm under the impression that the original taper had two tape decks going during the broadcast, as there is nothing missing due to tape flip.  So, as you'll hear, the discs are split between "Teenage Lobotomy" and "Surfin' Bird", but both of those songs are complete.  At the end of disc # 1, "Surfin Bird" fades out, while at the beginning of disc # 2, "Teenage Lobotomy" fades in.

It should be noted that The Ramones did a 3rd encore on this show (something that didn't happen too much!) which featured a cover of "Surf City", a song they had not released at that point (a 1990s studio recording showed up as a bonus track on the Japanese pressing of "Acid Eaters" many years later).

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento