domenica 8 ottobre 2023

Barbra Streisand - 2012-10-08 - Philadelphia, PA (2xDVDfull aud-shot)

(2xDVDfull aud-shot)

Wells Fargo Center
Philadelphia, PA
October 8, 2012

*** DVD5 VERSION ***

See screenshots and links to YouTube clips below.

Unrelated business:
1) With the help of a few kind folks the issue with the Rush Blu-ray has been found and we're working on a fix.
2) I upped my DVD of Peter Gabriel in Philadelphia 9/21/12 at another site since it wasn't allowed here.


Video: 1) Sony HDR-CX520V @ 1920x1080i 2)--tracks marked with asterisk*-- Panasonic Lumix ZS3 @ 1280x720p
Audio: Schoeps MK4 > Nbox > actives > Sony M10

FCE 4 > iDVD (Professional Quality 2-pass variable bit rate encoding) > disc image > Toast > DVD > MacThe Ripper (rip files, no re-encoding) > VIDEO_TS file

Media: Two single layer DVDs (DVD-R or DVD+R)
Menu: Yes Chapters: Yes
Video: NTSC 16:9, 720x480, 29.97fps, VBR 7670(avg)
Audio: Stereo LPCM, 48kHz, 1536kbps

A Tapehead2 Production

Set One/DVD 1: 1:11:51

01 - Intro
02 - Being Good
03 - As If We Never Said Goodbye
04 - Nice 'n Easy/That Face
05 - Didn't We
06 - Smile (with Il Volo)
07 - Un Amore Così Grande (Il Volo)
08 - O Sole Mio (Il Volo)
09 - The Way He Makes Me Feel
10 - Enough Is Enough
11 - The Way We Were/Through The Eyes Of Love
12 - Rose's Turn/Some People/Don't Rain On My Parade


Set Two/DVD 2: 1:24:58
01 - Intro
02 - You're The Top
03 - Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
04 - What'll I Do? (w/ Chris Botti, trumpet)
05 - My Funny Valentine (w/ Chris Botti)
06 - Lost Inside of You (w/ Chris Botti)
07 - Evergreen (w/ Chris Botti)
08 - Emmanuel (Chris Botti duet w/ Caroline Campbell, violin)
09 - When I Fall In Love (Chris Botti)
10 - Jason's video
11 - How Deep Is The Ocean (Barbra duet w/ Jason Gould)
12 - This Masquerade (Jason Gould)
13 - People*
14 - Here's To Life*
15 - Make Our Garden Grow/Somewhere*
16 - Some Other Time*


Note: The following video segments are missing (all audio intact):
1) Jason's solo (This Masquerade)
2) First thirty seconds of People
3) About a minute when Barbra returns to stage for encore

Filmer's notes:
Since I was so far back (dead last row of upper level) I decided early on to do a screen shot. I normally don't like to do those (unless for a secondary angle) as I consider it "cheating." But I figured that given my location, having the videographers do all the work would lessen the burden on me AND result in a more watchable video.
I had a technical issue toward the end requiring me to switch to my backup camera. This required some gear shuffling so I unfortunately lost Jason's solo. There is a slight dropoff in quality with the second camera but really it is fine.
I originally authored this both for DVD5 and DVD9. When I do this and check the bitrates they are normally within 5% of each other (i.e. same video quality). However for some reason the final DVD9 here had a VBR of 6720 which was significantly lower than that of the DVD5 which was 7670. Indeed there was a noticeable quality dip when I compared both images on my standalone DVD player hooked into a 40" HDTV. So I'm tossing the DVD9 files and will author a Blu-ray instead. Normally I wouldn't do a Blu-ray of a screen shot (that makes about as much sense to me as putting out a 24/96 of a crappy audience tape, or scanning an old fuzzy photo at 1200dpi) but I'll do it this time for the sole purpose of providing the whole show on one disc for those who want it, i.e. the convenience factor. 

2 commenti:

  1. Remember when concert tickets were no more than $20? Well, we have Babs to thank for sky-rocketing prices. I lived in L.A. (1988?) at the time and I remember reading how she didn't want to play, so promotors just offered her so much money, she couldn't refuse, so tickets were selling at about $150-$200 apeice (incredible at the time). After that, it was all over... Thanks BABS!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.

    RispondiElimina