CD 1 (44:20)
01 - Before The Deluge 6:05
02 - Black Is the colour 3:20
03 - The Good Ship Kangaroo 3:41
04 - Bobby Sands 3:21
05 - Go move shift 2:47
06 - El Salvador 4:09
07 - All I Remember 3:58
08 - Lanigan’s Ball 3:13
09 - The Well Below The Valley 3:54
10 - Irish Ways And Irish Laws 2:34
11 - Don’t Forget Your (Zappa) Shovel 3:10
12 - Viva La Quinta Brigada 5:24
01 - Faithful Departed 4:02
02 - Sacco & Vanzetti 3:10
03 - The Wicklow Boy 5:04
04 - Nancy Spain 4:02
05 - Jesse James & Jesus Christ 3:14
06 - Back Home In Derry 3:37
07 - Only Our Rivers Run Free (track transition not smooth) 3:35
08 - Hiroshima Nagasaki Russian Roulette 4:27
09 - No Time For Love 5:34
10 - The Least We Can Do 3:38
11 - The Crack Was Ninety In The Isle Of Man 2:41
This particular concert is special for me for many reasons:
- it's the oldest solo Christy show I've seen around, along with a couple others from the same italian tour.
- the quality is great, considering the time it was recorded.
- it features Christy speaking Italian, and your humble native speaker can confirm it was a great effort with some really funny results.
- older show means some older material hardly played nowadays.
- Christy mentions my all-time musical hero, Maestro Frank Zappa, and the shovel becomes the zappa in Italian.
- The atmosphere of some of the songs reminded me of another great (and gone) musician and poet, Fabrizio de Andrè. If you're familiar with his music, try listening to El Salvador.