domenica 28 agosto 2022

Journey - 1979-05-09 - Denver, CO (SBD/FLAC)





(Soundboard FLAC)

LINEAGE: 
U.N.C.L.E./Sound Factopry silver CD > Verbatim Blue CD-R (my copy) > EAC (Secure) > Audacity (click removal) > Trader's Little Helper (for md5 and ffp file creation, testing for lossiness and for SBE's...neither found, for encoding to FLAC 6, and for torrent files creation and verifications > you 

Artist: Journey 
Date: May 9th, 1979 
Location: Denver, Colorado 
Venue: Rainbow Theatre 
Source: SB (poss SB/FM) 
Format: FLAC 
CD's: 1 
Artwork: Yes (full, 18.6 MB high resolution artwork scans in download) 
Label: U.N.C.L.E. 
Title: City Of Broncos 
Size: 508 MB 

01. KEZY intro/announcements 
02. Majestic (opening music) 
03. La Do Da 
04. Next 
05. Feeling That Way 
06. Anytime 
07. Lights 
08. Too Late 
09. Kohoutek 
10. On A Saturday Night 
11. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' 
12. City Of The Angels 
13. Do You Recall 
14. Daydream 
15. Lady Luck 
16. Just The Same Way 
17. Wheel In The Sky 
18. Patiently (fades out last few seconds) 

This is an excellent recording of the second night of Journey playing at Rainbow Theatre in Denver during their 1979 Evolution tour. I uploaded the first night, 1979-05-08, a day or two ago. This show seems to be more complete and has 18 tracks being played on this Wednesday night almost 35 years ago. I've never really seen a lot talked about giving details for either show, but amongst Journey fans who collect and trade live shows, this is another good one! 

This show sounds better than the previous day's upload of the 1979-05-08 show. It has a cleaner and clearer sound (and 1979-05-08 sounds great too). 

Here's some important information on my first, primary CD-R copy (this upload) and the EAC process I went through to fix some digital errors in the last six tracks. I really didn't realize I had errors on these tracks until a few weeks ago when I was doing my EAC rip. It took EAC 72 hours to rip tracks 13 through 18. And it seems to have almost completely fixed these errors even though a good ear can catch some in the last track's final seconds. I'm guessing that when I got my copy from "digital_journey" it was ripped (by unknown program) too fast. That, or my copy produced these errors over the last 12 to 13 years could be the issue? I have broken the EAC burn up into two sessions so there are two text files. First, the no problem tracks which were 1 through 12 were ripped and then the second, 72 hour rip of tracks 13 - 18 were made. Oh yea, and by the way, the error fixed version EAC log shows Peak Levels at 92% to 100% and the lowest Track Quality percentage is 90.4%. And I used Audacity's "Click Removal" too. So it's still a great rip and an excellent sounding show. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento