martedì 26 febbraio 2019
with June Carter, Carl Perkins, The Statler Brothers, and The Carter Family
Nieuwe Rai, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
February 26, 1972
(Johnny Cash's 40th birthday)
01. Intro > A Boy Named Sue (4:10)
02. Ramblin' Around > Sunday Morning Coming Down (4:50)
03. Man In Black (3:23)
04. I Still Miss Someone (3:22)
05. Band Introduction > Five Feet High and Rising (3:27)
06. Pickin’ Time / Detroit City (3:31)
07. These Hands (3:26)
08. Me And Bobby McGee (2:33)
09. Wreck Of The Old 97 > Orange Blossom Special (5:13)
10. I Wish I Had Someone To Love Me (2:25)
11. Cocaine Blues (2:24)
12. Folsom Prison Blues (1:15)
13. I Walk The Line (1:41)
14. Jackson (2:56)
15. If I Were A Carpenter (1:46)
16. Help Me Make It Through The Night (incomplete) (0:58)
17. June Carter’s Thanks To Holland (speech) (2:00)
18. No Need To Worry (2:50)
19. Will The Circle Be Unbroken > Daddy Sang Bass (4:06)
20. Children Go Where I Send Thee (6:25)
21. A Thing Called Love > Goodnight From The Johnny Cash Show (6:19)
Total running time: 68 minutes and 58 seconds.
Tracks 1-2, and 7-16 taken from the 2002 broadcast from my own recording (see note below).
Tracks 3-6, and 17-21 taken from the 2006 broadcast as torrented on Dime early 2010 by demamey (#291635) (thanks!).
Track 16 is incomplete because it was at the end of the radio broadcast from 2002. About one minute into the song radio DJ Oscar Smit starts talking while the music continues. He talks for about 50 seconds, and then another 6 seconds of the music is heard just before the song and the radio show ends. I have cut out the talking, and with some mixing and (cross) fading created a (imho) better ending of the song. As between tracks 4 and 5 plus tracks 8 and 9, I have also done some crossfading between tracks 16 and 17 to have a contineous recording. I'm pretty satisfied with the result to be honest. You can decide for yourself of course. If someone's interested in my complete, untouched recording including the short pieces of DJ banter, to get the full scope of the original broadcast, let me know. These pieces are missing from the recording as torrented on Dime by Kanzan early 2010 (#291971) and recently reseeded by SpackTacular (#493736).
Tracks 1-2, and 7-16 taken from the 42nd Dutch VPRO "Nighttrain" 747 AM radio broadcast / FM cable radio broadcast, April 12, 2002.
Tracks 3-6, and 17-21 most probably taken from the Dutch KRO "Zomerfestival 2006" FM radio broadcast, August 22, 2006.
Source and lineage tracks 1-2, and 7-16 (taped and transferred by Magnix): FM cable > WAV > CDR > WAV > FLAC level 8.
Source and lineage tracks 3-6, and 17-21: FM > ? > FLAC as torrented on Dime.
Used software tracks 1-2, and 7-16: Cool Edit Pro v1 and CDWave v1 > Nero Burning Rom > Exact Audio Copy v0.99pb4.
Lineage tracks 1-21: FLAC > WAV > FLAC level 8 and torrented on Dime.
Used software tracks 1-21: FLAC v1.2.1 as build in Trader's Little Helper v188.8.131.52 (decoding) > Cool Edit Pro v2.00 (editing) > CDWave v1.98 (splitting) > FLAC v1.2.1 as build in CDWave v1.98 (encoding).