venerdì 13 ottobre 2023

Pink Floyd - Faraway Laughter (STU/FLAC)



(Studio FLAC)

Pink Floyd
"Faraway Laughter" - A Bizarre Collection Of Studio Outtakes & Demos
Vinyl Rip
16/44 Version

Lineage:
Pink Vinyl > Yamaha P300 > Audacity > Wav 16/44 > TLH > Flac(8)

Side 1
A1 One Of These Days (First Version)
A2 One Of These Days (Second Version)
A3 Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Demo)
A4 Moonhead (Unreleased Track)

Side 2
B1 Echoes (Demo)
B2 Radio Advertisement For Meddle

notes by the trader
I picked this up at a record show in Dallas, TX along with a couple of others. I did not see it posted, but I saw a discussion on it at the link provided below. I doubt it is anything new, but I thought I would rip it and share it for the collectors that want all things Pink Floyd.

Comment from Lazenby on page 5:
"One Of These Days" 1 and 2 are the standard demos with Nick's voice looping. "Shine On" is only parts 1-5 I believe, and cuts in cold midway through the intro. If it's a rough mix (it sounds like it's from an old cassette) then it's between the Extraction and final mixes; the unused elements are no longer intact.

"Moonhead" sounds nice here, probably the cleanest I've heard, though there is a bad tape glitch at one point. 

The "Echoes" demo just sounds like the Meddle version folded to mono, with noticeable distortion and jumps where material is missing. (The jumps make me think it's from an acetate.)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento