mercoledì 1 novembre 2023

Rainbow - 1977-11-01 - Newcastle, UK (AUD/FLAC)

(Audience FLAC)

Rainbow
City Hall
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
UK
Tuesday 1st November 1977

No lineage info was supplied in the orginal text file. See the outboard info file for the orginal text.

Originally uploaded at PerfectPurple by member 'evangp'
The flac fileset & info file are exactly the same here, but there were no checksums included at PP. So I have generated both .ffp & .md5 files for this fileset using TLH.
I also corrected the ambiguous date & location in the directory name.

Ronnie James Dio - vocals
Ritchie Blackmore - guitar
Bob Daisley - bass
David Stone - keyboards
Cozy Powell - drums

CD1
01. Intro
02. Kill The King
03. Mistreated
04. Sixteenth Century Greensleeves
05. Catch The Rainbow
06. Long Live Rock 'n' Roll

CD2
01. Man On The Silver Mountain (inc Starstruck & Night People)
02. Still I'm Sad (inc drum solo)
03. Do You Close Your Eyes (inc guitar crunch)

This is a significant upgrade of the 2 versions I already had, one of which I uploaded here in 2006.
FYI All 3 versions I now have are from the same recording source.
Screenshot of the lossless frequency analysis attached in the comment section.

This was the first time I ever saw Blackmore. I know a lot of people think this version of the band were on the downturn by this point, but it was a truly awesome evening for me as a spotty faced 16 year old. I've attached a scan of my ticket stub in the comments for any collectors. This gig was also the 2nd of 2 nights the band played at the City Hall. A recording of the previous night has been shared here at least twice already. I was going to reseed the version I got from DIME, but unfortunately it looks like it's undergone so much noise reduction that it would be banned for being lossy!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento