sabato 20 novembre 2021

Metallica - 1996-11-12 - Utrecht, NL (FM/FLAC)


(FM broadcast FLAC)

Metallica
A Change Of Seasons

Recorded Live at the Prins van Oranje hal (jaarbeurs Utrecht), Utrect, Holland, 12-11-1996
A Dutch Radio Broadcast in Stereo

lineage
Silver CD> EAC> WAV> Flac Frontend @8> FLAC>Nero Audio Editing>WAV>FLAC

01 - Sad But True
02 - Ain't My Bitch
03 - King Nothing
04 - One
05 - Wasting My Hate
06 - Nothing Else Matters
07 - Until it Sleeps
08 - For Whom the Bell Tolls
09 - Wherever I May Roam
10 - Fade to Black
11 - Kill,Ride Medley
12 - Master Of Puppets
13 - Enter Sandman

First off, I usually hate remasters, some people over do it, and ruin the recording. I didn't do overkill on this, all I did was reduce the crackle, which was the result of being a FM broadcast. It was the only flaw, but a big flaw. The crackle was present during nearly all of the recording, and really took away alot of enjoyment. I didn't mess with the EQ, or anything else. It basically sounds like a Pre-FM, I kid you not. Samples, before and after are provided at the bottom. Listen to them fully. Let your ears decide. Constructive critism is welcome. Please leave a comment if you download.

Quality Before Remaster: A-
Quality After Remaster: A+

The crackles are still present, but barely, I couldn't fully remove them without damaging the recording, but they are 10 times less apparant, and you will quickly forget about them. The difference is like night and day.

Remaster Settings
Decrackle: 
20% Detection Threshold
20% Reduction Level

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento