venerdì 13 ottobre 2023

The Ramones - 1979-10-13 - Evanston, IL (SBD/FLAC)


(Soundboard FLAC)

The Ramones 
"Rock and Roll College" bootleg 
Cahn Auditorium, Northwestern University 
Evanston, Illinois 
October 13, 1979 

Probable SBD recording (possible FM) 

This is a top-notch, "must" show for Ramones fans and people who want to become Ramones fans. 

direwolf-pgh listed the lineage as follows: 
Taken from Original Silver Boot > WAV > SHN 

The only problem I had with this show was that the tracking job (from the original boot, I suppose) was absolutely dreadful. Everyone who knows anything about the Ramones realizes that most of their songs start with Dee Dee shouting his trademark "One-two-three-faw!!!" count-off. Well, in the version I downloaded from The Traders Den, most of the 1-2-3-4's were placed at the END of the preceding track instead of in their rightful place at the beginning of each song/track. And worse yet, some of Dee Dee's signature count-offs were split--part at the end of a track and part at the beginning of the next track. And lastly, some of Joey's brief song introductions were buried at the ends of tracks instead of the beginning of the respective tracks. 

That said, I decided to take a couple of hours to re-track this entire show in Nero's WAV editor before converting the WAV files to FLACs via FLAC Frontend. My wife thinks I'm absolutely nuts to bother doing this (regarding the 1-2-3-4's: "they're only numbers, NOT the songs"), but I think there's enough of you Ramones purists out there who demand a decent tracking of this show without having to suffer the butcher job from the original boot. 

Therefore, the revised lineage: 
Silver > WAV > SHN > mkw shn tool > WAV > Nero WAV editor (for re-tracking and slight fade adjustments) > FLAC Frontend > FLAC > you! 

01. Intro 
02. Blitzkrieg Bop 
03. Teenage Lobotomy 
04. Rockaway Beach 
05. I Don't Want You 
06. Go Mental 
07. Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment 
08. Rock N Roll High School 
09. I Wanna Be Sedated 
10. I Just Want To Have Something To Do 
11. She's The One 
12. I'm Against It 
13. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker 
14. Havana Affair 
15. Commando 
16. Needles And Pins 
17. I'm Affected 
18. I Want You Around 
19. Surfin' Bird 
20. Cretin Hop 
21. All The Way 
22. California Sun 
23. I Don't Want To Walk Around With You 
24. Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World 
25. Pinhead 
26. Do You Wanna Dance 
27. Suzy Is A Headbanger 
28. Let's Dance 
29. Chinese Rocks 
30. Judy Is A Punk 
31. We're A Happy Family 

Notes: 
Track 24: Right channel cuts out at 1:30 for a fraction of a second 
Track 25: Right channel cuts out between 0:12 and 0:16 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento